Tuesday 10 June 2014

Speaker at the 6th Global Conference on Storytelling

From 14 to 16 May, I took part in Inter-disciplinary.net's 6th Global Conference on Storytelling in Lisbon. My co-author Krina Huisman and I presented our research on the use of narrative in student career counselling (a working version of our paper can be found here).

It was interesting to spend three days with fellow scholars investigating the use of narrative in different professional practices (such as therapy, education and research). The encounters and discussions I had at the conference convinced me more than ever that applied narratology is an important and timely field of research.

As a side note: as an aficionado of art in public spaces (whether officially commissioned or not), I loved the abundant murals and graffiti in Lisbon!