Wednesday 11 June 2014

New publication by Liesbeth Korthals Altes

On June 9, I received an announcement that Liesbeth Korthals Altes' new book, Ethos and Narrative Interpretation. The Negotiation of Value in Literature will be out in July 2014. Having read an early draft of this book, I look forward to the final version. I especially appreciate the discussions in this book on institutional and cognitive approaches to literature and their relevance to an ethical narratology, and Altes' clarifications of how the ethos of narratives and authors function within interpretational frameworks created in an interplay between readers, authors, critics and other literary gatekeepers.

Liesbeth Korhals Altes is a colleague at the University of Groningen and was my supervisor during my PhD research.

More information about this book can be found here.